O.k. so I realized I need to pace myself. I have slowed down abit,but not much. When we get on a subject and they want to know more, There always seems to be an activity or museum exhibit that benefits. The family magazine is now part of my planner.
J and I went to see the Broadway Wicked and the girls really liked the story and the moral and an exhibit is on in coronado about L. Frank Baum the author and how he lived in Coronado and what else he wrote and some of his silent movies were on, so we went and then picke dup some of his books at teh library on teh way home. H really likes them. We had some fun too last week.
I also was grateful for the break Monday, labor day. yeah.
Math seems to be easy for the girls right now, like a lot of review . This is also part of the everyday curriculum we cover. The older two are almost done with the first unit.Han and I played an awesome game, she loves now that I made up with Yahtzee dice. We roll, sort the die,add the die, and keep track of than compare who got more mom or Hannah, and write <,>, or = in between or scores and at the end, we practiced using a calculator and than determined, <,>, or = to see who won. she wants to play it everyday, and E now too. Ahh! not sure how we can stay focused if she joins in.
Wednesday was first day of co-op and they loved it. and I am underestimating love. They had art, science and Spanish. for science. Humane society taught. thanks they taught habitats on the level of that age group.
A has been assigned to watch Roots for her social studies and she was little surprised that blacks weren't all slaves til the 1950's. but she does see the prejudieces that did exist.
Everybody joined in on Han lesson on social studies, they did the alphabet with their bodies, it was a good stretch too. A was on crutches for a few days and we all needed to relieve some stress.
I have been very impressed with the self-motiviation of my children. I try to keep them motivated by interviewing them weekly and setting some goals, so far mostly with A.
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment