Mike Derby's (my brother) Viewing

Mike Derby's (my brother) Viewing
Floral arrangements by my sister Anna

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Homeschooling

Yeah, I have jumped in way over my head. Joe and I are homeschooling our children.
we decided to make a log of what we do on my blog. Hope it doesn't bore you all but for me it will keep me sane a bit, more organized, and have record to show my children in the future what we did.
We decided to follow Thomas Jefferson philophy, with meeting the California standards. I've adopted really eclectic methods of teaching. we have so much to benefit from living here in San Diego we need to take advantage of it while we are here.We will have a nature day once a week, one day of co-op where our children will be learning spanish, art, math and science, along with some singing and p.e. , and they will have p.e. on another day of the week also.
we started Aug. 31st. I have had to meet the expectations of my children who have had excellent teachers in the past, so I have stayed on my toes to achieve this and not let my children down. I guess the actual log will have to start tomorrow. It's late.

No comments: