Mike Derby's (my brother) Viewing

Mike Derby's (my brother) Viewing
Floral arrangements by my sister Anna

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Joe and Trina's 10 year anniversary Cruise

Joe and I decided to take a Carnival Cruise down baja California coast to celebrate our ten year anniversary on Jan. 23rd. Everything went really smoothly, and wow you really get spoiled. No cleaning. No cooking. They would pick up after us. We had a ton of fun. There was a lot to do.
We had a lot of fun in Cabo San Lucas, after a tour we took of a few local places, we rented scooters and went all over town for an hour and ended up at the beach, where this man was trying to save a pelicans life by pulling a puffer fish out of it's already cut up bill and throat. I don't know if the pelican is going to make it with such severe injuries, but he was sure trying hard. The food, of course was fabulous and our only dinner partners at our table was a young couple on their honeymoom. They reminded us of us. They were very frugal and particular about what they did buy. We met lots of nice people, in fact one couple is from Chula Vista and they were D.I. donators already, infact since being home the gentleman has already visited Joe at work.
There was a jewelry store giving away a gold charm bracelet in Cabo San Lucas. We decided to take them up on this offer because the charm said DI ( for diamonds international ) but we figured it was meant for the Deseret Industries. fun keepsake.
No seasickness, infact for me it was like being rocked to sleep each night. I enjoyed the slow shift of weight, since I am carrying around some extra right now with the pregnancy.
I don't think we missed our children very much. They were in good hands with Grandma and Grandpa Utley, who were exhausted when we got home. They thought, they might get in a good book or nap while they were here.Hee,Hee. I was wondering how I was going to start cooking again for six when I returned. But now that is has been a few weeks, we are back into the swing of things.
We can't wait to go again. Hawaii here we come. I don't think we will wait ten years for the 20 year anniversary to to that one though.

2 comments:

Laura Ayers said...

Good for you guys! It sounds soooooo fun- I just may start looking into a cruise for our anniversary! :) You made me laugh when you said you didn't miss your kids very much! How funny- I love it! I'll bet your Mom is proud & impressed with how you do it everyday! Love ya tons! Can't wait to see you again soon!!!!

Anonymous said...

YEAH TRINA & JOE!! I am so glad you guys got away for some fun and R&R!! I miss you tons and think about you guys all the time. The pictures are great! I can't believe how quickly your girls are growing up!! Love Ya, Mean it!!

Beth